Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
mdall

I have made a few things for people in my family. Most have used these items with love like intended. Others, have just let them get trashed. When I asked why they replied "What difference does it make, they were just fabric that you sewed together because you had nothing better to do?" I couldn't stop myself and swiftly told them where they could put the quilts. The point isnt that they thought nothing of the quilt but that they thought nothing of my time and the love put into make a quilt to match their style and interests in life. The worst part is she then came back to me a few months later and asked if I would teach her to sew. She wants to make curtains for her living room. I should not do it but decided if she wants to learn then I'll teach her. Maybe after seeing how long its going to take her because she has enormous windows she will then think twice about the time and love that is put into the items that someome else may give her because I certainly know she will not be getting anything else handmade from me.