View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 AM
jenimelinda

Wow - it's just beautiful. That border is just lovely - and so are all those tiny hand stiches! And here I am, crying, remembering my Great Aunt Grace, whose quilted treasures were dumped at Goodwill before I could say anything about it. I miss her so much, and would have given a lot to have been able to keep something she made. I'm really happy you were able to rescue this lovely bowtie quilt from obscurity.

Some people just don't understand how much these things mean when we make them - and can't connect emotionally with quilts. (My sister confessed this past weekend she wishes she could "get it" but just doesn't.) I know, it's hard to fathom when you love quilting as much as we do.

I'm finishing up a baby quilt for my best friend and although I've never signed a quilt, I intend to this time. In fact, after your garage sale story, I may just do a little more than sign it, and put the story of its creation in the signature block on back. What I thought about as I made it, my hopes for the baby, why I chose the fabrics and stiches I did. Maybe if we put more background information, plain for non-quilters to see, on the quilts we give, they'll mean more and will be kept longer and with more respect.