Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
mimiof4

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I made a quilt for a relative and later I found out that she had put it in her outside dog house. I was beside myself. I did such a good job on that quilt and paid a LA quilter to quilt it. I used expensive fabric and made nice blocks. It was a very pretty quilt. Now it is muddy and ripped and full of dog hair. How could someone do something like that? I now know that I have to rethink who I give my quilts to and to explain how much work and money went into them. I'm so mad at this gal who threw my quilt in the dog house, I could explode. And she has no clue I'm upset.
When I was in "high school home ec" I made my very first quilt, all hand quilting, I didn't have any kids at the time(of course) but when my first son was born I already had the most precious quilt for him. He used it for awhile, and then it was put away and saved, he had no clue. Well the Christmas before his son was due the following January, there was a gift for the bundle of joy to arrive in the New Year attached with a note of how it was made for him then saved for his first born. Well to make a long story short when he and my grandson's mother divorced the quilt was never to be seen again. I have asked her about it several times, she has no idea what I am talking about. I am sad but life and many quilts go by.