Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 AM
honeybea

I had the experience of having a quilt that I finished for my daughter end up in her dog's cage......granted it was a simple pattern but non the less it was a hand quilted full size bed top. The dog had chewed a couple of small holes, but nothing that couldn't be repaired......When I saw that I nicely told her that I had put so much work into it and wanted to take it home to repair.......I still have it and I think she got the message . That was the end of it and no hard feelings.....As for the quilter who found her quilt in the dog house I would make up a label with the information and the value of the quilt and tell her that I didn't get a chance to attach it to the quilt before I gifted her with it and could she let me borrow it so that I could quilt it onto the back.........Then I think if she does follow through I think I would hold onto it and tell her that I would be more than glad to make one specifically for her pet as this one is of value......Believe me I wouldn't be embarrased about telling her . But that's me