View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 02:57 PM
path49

I got one a couple years ago you won't believe! This guy said he was from Publisher's Clearing House...the unclaimed prize department. Said that they had a drawing & I won $450,000. It would be delivered by a courier tomorrow morning....& all I had to do is pay to insure the check on it's way here....insurance was $1250. I knew it was a scam by then so I said "I guess you want my bank account or credit card #". He said "Oh no! Don't EVER give that to someone!!! You can wire the money to me"...& the courier would refund it upon safe arrival of my check. I told him to just deduct the insurance from the $450,000. He hung up on me.

The next day, I got another call. Different phone # on caller ID. This guy told me the same story. I stopped him mid-spiel, & told him that this must be my lucky week 'cause I won $450,000 yesterday too! He stammered a second & then tried to continue. Stopped him again...told him that you don't have to pay a cent to collect on a Publisher's Clearing House prize & I knew it was a scam. This guy got mad & told me that I HAD to pay the insurance & collect the prize or I'd be in violation of the agreement you make with PCH when you enter....& they'd sue me! Oh yeah, he also said they'd RUIN my credit rating. And I should be expecting a letter from their lawyers shortly! I told him I was the Postmaster General's cousin (NOT!)...& he finally hung up. I kinda wished he didn't...I was starting to have some fun with this!

I guess my luck finally ran out 'cause that was the last $450,000 I won that week! Ha!Ha!