Thread: I was so sad...
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
barri1

I'm not surprised.. I'm in a suburban area out of NYC, and I have to drive to Joann's 1/2 hour away for anything.. The Walmart doesn't have any fabric.. I'm very upset when people I talk to go into shock when I tell them I quilt.. The sewing bug skipped a generation with my mom, and her sisters.. My mom is an active 84 yo, and none of her friends sew, much less quilt.. I have no friends out here that quilt..
Do I have a partial solution? Possibly.... I'm trying to sneakly get my staff to get the quilting bug.. I'm hoping that one out of four will get the bug.. How am I doing it? I started by making squares out of scraps.. They came over to choose the ones they want for their quilt.. They put them in the order they want them, and I will sew them.. Then I will have them come back to sandwich them.. and I will FMQ them.. I will have them come back, and we will do the labels.. and then I will show them how to make the binding.. They don't know what they are in for.. I would love to set them up with their own antique machines.. and am willing to set them up with enough supplies to start.. My staff has been with me for the 31 years, 19 years, and 8 years.. Am I banking on the wrong group? Possibly, but I can only try.. If I have one that will pick it up.. I'd be excited..