Old 05-23-2012, 10:35 AM
J Miller

Shelbie,
What is a STD?

Donna,
I have a low shank 1/4" foot with the edge guide. I know it's a crutch, but for consistency it will help. I'm going to use it on all the machines it will fit. I've already used it to assemble the quilted cover for my #2 treadle. I like it for consistency.
For the others I'll be measuring the seam I get with the foot and adjusting the bed mounted seam guide accordingly.
This will be a big project cos I have 6.5" squares and 3.5" squares that when sewed together make 6.5" squares. Eeeeee gads. But I'm using scraps so beggars can't be choosers, can we?

Caroline,
I'm practicing now on a smaller quilt that is actually a cover for the #2 treadle. It's top is complete, we're cutting and piecing the batting now ( made a boo boo and cut it wrong ... Grrrrrr ) But it's purpose is to keep cat claws off the wood so it can have a few .... learning curves.

Patience ....... sadly that is an inconsistent quality for me. Sometimes and with some things I have the patience of Job. Other times I want it done NOW, 15 minutes ago! Maybe by the time I take the big dirt nap I'll master that ..... .

Joe