Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 AM
BuzzinBumble

Teacup, I have a feeling you have predicted exactly what will eventually happen. Sooner than we think, because it is just too hard to choose! I seem to be catching the vintage sewing machine bug and my husband is too. I had SO MUCH FUN doing the simple tune up and cleaning on the Rocketeer for my daughter and DH got more and more interested the more he saw.

Miriam I feel like you just gave me treasure - thank you for that wonderful link!

Greywuuf - a 31-15 industrial model eh? Does that mean the motor is mounted below the machine? I will have to look for that machine.

And Brynn, I am really, really glad to read what you wrote about the horizontal bobbin never causing a problem for you, because that was my only concern with the beautiful 201. They have the biggest throat space of the 3 machines we've been discussing too.

So!.... i found a couple of goodies on Craigslist, but their listers have not identified them and don't know a thing about them. I’m not sure, but I think the first is a 15-91. It was owned by the lister's mother and always well cared for. He’s asking $175. We're hoping to go see it this weekend and if it is a goodie.....

The second listing we didn't hear back about yet. It is way off topic – a treadle machine, but a possible fixer upper for my husband to play with... I'm pretty sure it is a Red Eye Singer 66. Only $35 but needing a ton of work. What do you all think they are? If you were to hazard a guess, do you think the red eye is too frustrating a project for my hubby to take on as a total newbie?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails vintage-15-91.png   vintage-red-eye.png  

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 05-24-2012 at 07:26 AM.