View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:15 PM
drgranny

My mom was big on vegitables. We usually had a garden but if we didn't she would drag us to a truck garden farm and we would pick our own and load up on every thing they had.She always canned enough to keep us thru the winter and beyond. Everything you can think of. She even made catsup. All kinds of pickles. So we pretty much ate what ever was put in front of us. Even liver and onions. Which I still like to this day. However nobody else in the family likes it so I only eat it in restraunts. I loved cooked spinach as a kid but only like it raw now. My food aversions developed after I left home. When we lived in Michigan she would take us mushroom hunting. And there was a patch of wild asparagus down the hill from our house. After my folks retired they lived in Arizona in winter and Colorado in summer. Mom would find all kinds of wild berries and make jelly. Algerita berries, choke cherries, raspberries, prickley pear. I still make prickley pear but I don't know how to identify wild berries.