Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Charlee

We have a new member, who, for some reason, can't post yet, altho he was able to send me a PM. His name is John, and he lives in Oregon. He can read posts here, but can't open any photos, and can't post in the forums. Anyway...John has a Standard that he's taken apart, cleaned and reassembled....with one little problem...he has one part left over. He remembers that it did come from this machine, he just doesn't remember WHERE in this machine! Any ideas? John thinks it's a spacer or guide of some sort, he's just not sure where it goes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]339535[/ATTACH]

This is what he had to say about it:
I took this one a part to the point of the main shaft (crankshaft) I do remember parting this part out, but in putting it together didn't see where it came from... most these machines are a no Brainer ...

These standards are not like any other machine I have had ...there is less moving parts, it was froze up, now spins like a top. I haven't tried to sew with.
it picks up the bottom thread, but I don't want to screw anything up or take the chance. I do send about 3 days on each machine, because of having to polish every bearing surface inside of them..out of the 8 treadles there is only 2 that you use to hand wheel to start it going ...

I would think the part is a guide, it's made from round stock, machined flat on two sides then a screw hole. it does not look like it moves.. There is no screw holes under the bed, that leaves the tower. I was thinking it maybe a guide for the rod connecting the upper shaft to the lower , BUT the slot in the rod is much wider than this part is
Attached Thumbnails 100_8867.jpg   100_8863_0001.jpg   100_8862_0001.jpg