Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 PM
MarLeClair

I am attaching a picture of the lastest quilt I have been working on. It is "Birds of a Feather" by Barb Adams and Alma Allen of Blackbird designs. It is the most challenging quilt I have done. I bought the book about June of last year. I needed to make patterns to use and went to the copy center to have them blown up. It was going to cost me about $75 to do that so I am scratching my head to figure out a cheaper way to do it. I went to my LQS and my applique teacher was there and she loved the pattern and suggested we do it as a class. I jumped at the change, needless to say. I think we started either in October or November,once a month working on it. The basic quilt is now done, doing mine in shades of red and green. I want to put a small border around it to let the eyes rest and then a larger border with vines. In the picture you will see a green check fabric next to the basic quilt. Do you think I should use red or green? Any suggested are welcome.
P.S. several of the gals are all done and one is done and hand quilted it

This quilt was not done in rows of blocks. It had to be put together in a specific order in order for it to work.
Attached Thumbnails help-001.jpg  

Last edited by MarLeClair; 06-03-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: to add more