View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
Hi everybody.

First, I'd like to commend Emblibrary.com for standing behind their commitment to assist customers having trouble with their designs. I reported a problem and they send me an updated file in a day or so.

Now...I love their designs but they are very dense. Last night I put together a quilt top with nine of their designs. Individually, they didn't seem overly stiff but now that the top is put together as a group I'm not sure if I'm really happy.

I'm wondering, does anybody know if there's a way to soften them? I do plan to wash the quilt before gifting. Will washing remove some of the stiffness? I used three layers of tearaway stabilizer for all but one design in which I used four.

Thanks,
Cathy
I too like their designs and service. My Viking teacher said the same thing about their designs being really dense. I recently went to a trunk show for Hatched in Africa and I love how their designs stitch out. None of them are real dense. It is run by a family and they try to make sure that their designs can be either worn or used on a child without any problems. I hope softener helps; sometimes vinegar will also help. Maybe it'll desolve some of the stablizier. You could try soaking if for a little while before starting the wash cycle so the stablizier can loosen up some and maybe more of it will wash away the first time out.