View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by mrsk View Post
I would like some opinions. I like & respect everyones thoughs on this. Recently I have been making baby shower quilts for family members, ( lots lately!) & I usually give the recipient a choice of blanket or bag, & ask if there are any particular color likes or dislikes. The most resent request is for a boy, who will be sharing a room with his 8 yr old step-sister who does not live in the home on a full time babsis, but they have painted the room "pepto-pink" for her. The problem is, I was requested to do a black & grey quilt "so as not to clash with the room" but I had found some construction worker fabric & some co-ordinating fabrics I think would have been great to make the baby a beautiful quilt in bright blue, red, green & yellow. Do I go with the mothers wishes, or go with mine, or I had also thought of doing a version of the log cabin but with a single colored square in the center with blacks on one side & greys/whites on the other. Each square would have a different color though-like one center would be red, the next would be blue, the next would be green, etc. Thoughts? Ideas? I really do want her gift to be used & cherished....
Can you use gray and black to sash and border the prints you like?

Another thing, you might find some comic strip or coloring book type fabric that tends to black and gray.