Old 06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
taimi

Default What do you do with your uglies/unusables?

We just bought a new house that is big enough for my very own girlcave. I had mentioned to one of the neighbors before we moved that I was looking forward to being able to quilt again, as a parting gift she gave me a HUGE box of fabrics she had gotten on clearance at one of the big box stores...I finally got around to washing it all up the past couple of days (good grief there are almost 50 yards) and wow...I see why some of it was on clearance. A lot of it is just plain ugly and there are several yards that are so cheaply made it resembles kleenex. It was a wonderful gesture and a much appreciated gift but I have no idea what to do with a lot of it because it is just such bad quality. The only solution I have thought of so far is to make some small blankets for our local animal shelter. It isn't like the dogs care if they are sleeping on quilt shop quality fabric. I am curious as to what some of you do with fabrics that you wouldn't use for anything because I would like to be able to use as much of this generous gift as I can, even if it is only for the shelter puppies to sleep on.