Old 06-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Glenn

Default What a wonderful gift

Ok ladies and gents what have you gone and done... Usually I am not an emotional person but when I read Nancy's letter and the notes and then pulled out of the box the most beautiful quilt I got a lump in my throat and teared up a little. You got to this retired old soldier I must admit. Thanks to all my friends - Joe Miller, Anamaria(Grayhare), Monica(Vintagemotif), Candace, Charlee and William,Deb(Whigrose), Miriam and Martha, Pamela(Jabezrose), Janis, Judy(Irishrose), Kathie S., Trish(Crossstitcher), Laura(Nurseknitslaura), Cheryl(Bennett), Jean(NannaUpNorth), Joann(JMCDA), Jan(Texas Jan), Melinda(Milinda1962), Margaret(MUV), and Nancy(Bojangles). A nice hug and round of applause for Nancy for doing a wonderful job of putting this beautiful quilt together. I am truly humbled. Now I know why Pat wanted to take pics of this. I warn you she did not catch me at my best I was working getting the camper, fishing gear and bikes ready for the trip to MS this Thursday so no laughing at the old soldier. How can I ever thank you guys, this is such a wonderful gift and will be treasured always. I like it so much it is going camping with me. I can't imagine the thought that went into this quilt you guys are the best ever. You guys get to see me sporting a new beard I am cultivating for an event of the Daughters of the Confederacy my wife is having at the house in a couple of months. I have to costume myself up as a Confederate soldier.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-vsms-members-001.jpg   quilt-vsms-members-010.jpg   quilt-vsms-members-016.jpg