Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by Glenn
Ok ladies and gents what have you gone and done... Usually I am not an emotional person but when I read Nancy's letter and the notes and then pulled out of the box the most beautiful quilt I got a lump in my throat and teared up a little. You got to this retired old soldier I must admit. Thanks to all my friends - Joe Miller, Anamaria(Grayhare), Monica(Vintagemotif), Candace, Charlee and William,Deb(Whigrose), Miriam and Martha, Pamela(Jabezrose), Janis, Judy(Irishrose), Kathie S., Trish(Crossstitcher), Laura(Nurseknitslaura), Cheryl(Bennett), Jean(NannaUpNorth), Joann(JMCDA), Jan(Texas Jan), Melinda(Milinda1962), Margaret(MUV), and Nancy(Bojangles). A nice hug and round of applause for Nancy for doing a wonderful job of putting this beautiful quilt together. I am truly humbled. Now I know why Pat wanted to take pics of this. I warn you she did not catch me at my best I was working getting the camper, fishing gear and bikes ready for the trip to MS this Thursday so no laughing at the old soldier. How can I ever thank you guys, this is such a wonderful gift and will be treasured always. I like it so much it is going camping with me. I can't imagine the thought that went into this quilt you guys are the best ever. You guys get to see me sporting a new beard I am cultivating for an event of the Daughters of the Confederacy my wife is having at the house in a couple of months. I have to costume myself up as a Confederate soldier.
Nancy and everyone, the quilt is wonderful!!! I called Skip on my way home from the hospital today and he sounded like a kid at Christmas. He really doesn't realize what a special guy he is, but we certainly did our best to show him. He was bubbling over with excitement. It made my day to hear someone so happy and totally surprised !!!

You deserve it Skip !!! Thanks for all your help !!!

Texas Jan