View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I make the jelly roll race quilts when I go to a sew day as it's mindless sewing and I can talk and socialize without concentrating on a quilt pattern. I can do up to three in one sew day. I make a lot of them in baby colors to keep on hand for baby gifts and to give to the church nursery where our guild meeting is held. I keep a supply of jelly rolls in my sew day bag and nothing to take but machine, scissors, and jelly rolls. I press all the seams to one side after the top is done. I don't press each seam separate.
That's what I am doing. I did a demo at Quilt Club in May --on how to do the Jelly Roll Race Quilt. LIke lots of others said--it is not a race--only if you want it to be. A few of the gals in Quilt Club are going to sew one of these quilts at our Sewing Day in July. I, too, am going to. I cut leftover strips from coordinated fabrics that I had leftover from another quilt I made. Then I took each strip and cut in into different sized lengths. I want to make a jelly roll quilt that is more scrappy looking--without the very long lenghts of fabrics. I am anxioius to sew this quilt together. I am like you, and taking this to sewing day so that I cn visit and sew at the same time. It is a quilt that doesn't take high concentration for sewing together so it will be perfect for sewing day.

Last edited by aborning; 06-22-2012 at 02:25 PM.