View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Hi Ladies (we are all ladies aren't we? I wouldn't want to offend a gent if he is participating in the challenge)

In a bit of a hurry today. Finally pulled out my patriotic fabric that I have had for eons! What do you think? Even found a few more pieces I had forgotten I had.

I am quickly putting together placemats for our friends who invited us to dinner tonight. Don't have time to run to the fab store as it is 35+ minutes to town, sew... I am planning to bind it with same fabric. Ohhh, can't believe out of all my fabric stash I don't have something suitable to go with this.

Roofers have been up there for a couple of hours already. The inside stuff gets started sometime after the 4th. I have always wanted to sew outside so this may be my chance. DH works in his workshop all day anyway on his lovely segmented wood bowls. He is trying to make a simple cross today for our home but said it is giving him fits. My Mom used to always tell me that simple patterns are sometimes the hardest to get finished. Can't tell you how many times her words have rang true in my ears as I am ripping seams out.

When, DH and I were married 8 years ago we decided 'no kids' and 'no indoor pets' and it has been nice. We have had miniature cows but now only raise chickens, have 2 dogs and 2 barn cats. The dogs have been trained NOT to step into an open door but you know how cats are but it was the chickens feelin' like they were welcome that has made me laugh the most. I mean sometimes one has followed DH from front door to kitchen when he is bringing in the shopping packages. Oh dear, I gotta get off here and sew my brains out. I am not doing any fancy design today but I know my friend will be blessed with simple. She always sees me working on stuff for other people so it will be nice to give them to her and her DH. Have a great day. If time permits (I hope) I will post the finished placemats on here before we leave.
Attached Thumbnails 4294965350.jpg