View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:35 AM
weatheread

Originally Posted by janegb View Post
I know about this! My friends or visitors just look in Awe.. they just don't understand! I love my messy sewing room, even when not sewing, I go in and look and touch and think about the pretty fabrics! LOL... I do know at my age, almost 77, that I can NEVER, even if I sewed 24 hours a day, use up all these wonders! However, I have coached my DGD (age 17, who is not interested in sewing), about the costs of everything, and how much to charge for my 8 machines, scissors, templates, rulers, etc, if I should happen to be "called away", so everything won't get thrown away.. the proceeds could help pay for her College. My son loves the Singer Treadle in Parlor case, he would use that one himself.
I am the same way my Daughter and DGD were in my sewing room one day and DD said one day this will all be mine and DGD said the Brother ULT 2003D was hers and DD said go ahead ther other three embroidery machine and quilting machine were plenty for her. Told them not to get in any hurry to get rid of me tho