Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 AM
SharonAnne

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
sharon what are the shipping charges to buy a panel and how is it to deal with their website purchases since they are converting the money to rands? rands are not a global monetary system so i always have a little healthy skepticism when dealing with individual country monetary systems.

i know my professional group has a great relationship with south african accounting professionals and visit there every year and a group of south africans come to our conventions every year.

and sharon i will not outright confess to creating such a shoe heel predilection in my daughter. i really think she came into this life predisposed with that set of heel evaluation values.
Are you also an Accountant, as am I?? Congratulations or condolences, as the case may be. I like my work, but it sure can be stressful sometimes.

So , [email protected] (this is her email) is wonderful. She is American and there is also a story behind how she got started in this on the website. Everything is in USD, not Rands, and you can pay by PayPal. Shipping is $7 and the shipment is fast!!! I got it within 7 days. The panel is $20, so in total it was $27. I gave her an even $30 just as an extra donation to them. When I ordered in early June, they were all out and could not make them fast enough, nor keep them in stock, so I had to wait for one. But even that was done quickly and professionally. I was very impressed with this organization.

First you go on the website, select and put it in your shopping cart. Here's where I got confused, as that was IT - the website just sort of went away. There was no way to pay - it said by check, etc, but did not give an address or anything (they need to work on that, I think). So I sort of gave up, but in a couple of days, Ina contacted me with apologies that they were out of stock, and asked what I would like to do. I told her I would wait and she came back with shipping charges. I offered the $3 more and she wrote up a bill with my offer amount and put it onto PayPal for me to pay. From there it was easy. All within a couple of days.

One of these days, I'll get to So. Africa. That's on my bucket list.