Old 07-11-2012, 05:30 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I have had an exciting day of playing with sewing machines. I joined the old pfaff group at yahoo and got a copy of the stitch wheel, and finally did some embroidery stitches with my Pfaff 230. What an amazing machine. I had only fiddled with it enough to figure out how to straight stitch and zig zag with it, and do the fmq. It is hard to believe that a machine older than me can do all those stitches, and have so many options about spacing and width and such. I am going to make myself a top, and put several rows of stitching around the neck and hem lines in the matching thread to add some texture. In my mind it will be pretty. In real life, we will see.

I also downloaded the book to the Lady Kenmore 89 and learned how to use it better. I read that it is a Pfaff in disguise, and it is smooth as silk. The embroidery stitches built into it are pretty too. Not as many, but easier to do. Very nice machine.
Melinda, I'd love to see some of the embroidery stitches you did with your Pfaff! Also, I have heard Candace talk about the Lady Kenmore being a Pfaff in disguise, but I really don't understand why? Who made the Lady Kenmore - if it was Pfaff, I didn't know they ever badged a machine?

Nancy