View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
fireworkslover

I don't have the wall space & or shelves to store my fabric on shelves - either on boards or folded flat. All my fabrics are stored in covered plastic boxes, stacked on top of each other, some 4' high. Most are by color: red, pink, blue, purple,teal/turquoise, yellow/gold, etc. I do have some multi color prints that are labeled as multi color brights = bright &/or white backgrounds and multi color darks = those with dark colors or black backgrounds. I also have a box for each of the following : Fall prints, fabric for OBW's, Christmas prints and fruits/vegie prints. Solids, Batiks and hand dyes are mixed into each of the boxes for each color. I save and use even tiny strips (1/2" wide), so keeping them in boxes work best for me. The stacks are stored under my cutting table and against a wall. I started out with smaller boxes (shoebox size or twice that size) and bought larger ones as the need arose. I also have a large box for muslin & ready for dyeing fabric and one for smaller pieces and scraps of batting. I marvel at those of you who take the time to wrap your fabric around boards or actually have numerous bolts of fabric for your stash.