Old 07-25-2012, 05:01 AM
grammyj

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Fay your pictures are so wonderful, thanks for sharing them. I hope to learn to paint with some skill someday, I've taken an intro class at a rec. program, but have a lot to learn yet.

Thank you Lori for all you do for this swap. And thank you for reminding what is required and what isn't. Your turtle quilt looks really cute.

For all who think everyone "should" do what they do I'd like to mention a few things. If you have a full time job outside your home, you will probably not be able to be on the board as much as others, and if you aren't on the board for a day or two there can be 10 to 20 pages to go through to catch up. It can be fun to read about what everyone who does post is doing or thinking. But if you don't have time to be on, or have so many pages to catch up on it can be overwhelming.
In June I received my package from tumrub. She doesn't post on here much. But she included a 2 page letter in my package, telling me a little about the things she gathered, and herself and her hometown. So I learned a lot about her and her area, and enjoyed it.
Another thing to remember about posting. When I had dial up connection, and the board upgraded in Nov. it took a long time for pages to load. I was able to get a faster connection eventually. But there may still be some on here that are on dial up, or they may have only one access and have to share the connection with others in their home. Or they may have to go to the library for their computer connection because they don't have one at home. And if others are waiting to use a computer there may be a time limit.

I was able to post a pic this month, but it took me 40 minutes to get it posted(I was trying to use Picasa). One time I posted something and it went very smoothly, another time I spent almost an hour, and I couldn't even get the picture to down load onto the computer let alone get it on the board.
It can be fun to get to know each other with posting, and it might be fun to see what people received and may give ideas. But if it isn't required please don't complain that someone isn't doing it, and don't expect everyone else to do what you do. If participants are doing what is required, let's just accept everyone where they are.
Thank you starshine, for saying what some of us are thinking, I don't have a lot of time to post very much or chit chat,but I like to check in and try to keep up with what every one is doing when I can, and post pictures of my swap packages. Some people have more time to spare and that's ok too.