Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Uh I now have triplets instead of twins. Purchased a very pristine 99K yesterday. The ONLY thing she needs is oiling and dust removal. Will post pics later today.
I would like to see those for sure! Well, If I'm going to be honest here,... I've been chatting with a lady who has a 99 in a bentwood case, far from pristine, that I have a chance to go get. That would make triplets here too.

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
ArchaicArcane,
I'm not sure why really other than both of the ones I have were in need of a lot of TLC. By rescuing them I saved at least one of them from being parted out. And by having one that was functional I was able to compare it to the other one and get him fixed too.

About the only machine we don't have a mate for is my wife's Bernina Record 930. And she's keeping her eyes open for one of those too.

Joe
You need to talk to the DH... he encourages my "no, I already have one of those" mentality. The only "doubles" I have are the featherweights and the 99s, but I see the 403 as a double of the 503, and the 15-90 and 15-91 as doubles too. All told, I think there are 6 machines I could "get rid of" and not feel a void, except for a lack of things holding desks down.

That said, I keep itching to get rid of the doubles, and he says to me "but you put so much time and energy into each of them, isn't each of them special?" Yes, I've bonded with each one, but I think for me, that the enjoyment is in the rescue and the rehab. After that, I know that any of them can go to a good home and be appreciated.