Thread: Pass the Block
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:43 AM
rfbrazell

Hey Missy Carole,

You sure went the extra mile. A blessing is waiting for you for helping these great kids of the special needs camp. I am so happy we did these quilts for them. The Peter Pan Border you did is perfect for the quilt. I can't wait to see them all done. We should do a Slide Show of them.
Hopeing to go with Judy to the camp it is about 50 miles away from where we live. That would be a wonderful day.
blessing on you Carole.
Your Friend
R
Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
Thanks Di. I really had a hard time coming up with ideas for this one. There are embroidery on the corners of the two previous rounds, so that was out. My husband thought fabric with fishing nets because of Captain Hook and his ship.... I ordered the fabric but did not love it. So back to the drawing board. I ordered some Peter Pan fabric but it made it too busy.... so again back to the drawing board. Next I went through all kinds of borders in my EQ next to the photo of the top. According to my husband, some were too modern, too busy..... so I finally came up with this. I went through different colors and was able to come up with the exact blue in a previous round. The cream was to match the center. WHEW!!!! It really had me going!!!! I hope the little fellow likes it. Now, I have fabric with fishing boat nets and peter pan. I'm sure I will use them one day. lol

Blessings!
Carole