View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Jenniky

Liz92B - I totally understand about being heavy handed. I tend to be that way also. Sew . I take extra time to focus on accomplishing the opposite by being light handed. This has helped me to un-train my heavy handed ways. This also holds true for me and the iron. I still sometimes have a tendency to start off pressing hard with the iron and using a back and forth motion on my squares in the same manner I used to try to iron all the wrinkles and put in military creases on my uniform while I was in the Navy.

So I have to take the extra mental moment to work on retraining my movements on picking up and setting the iron down in a light pressing motion so I don't disfigure the fabric I'm working with.

QuiltE - Yes the spray basting can pictured is June Tailors'. Not a spray I recommend personaly but need to finish off the can before I buy a different brand to try. Im planning on trying the 505 Spray next because I have heard some good things about it.

Ronda - The long running stitch is also a good method of basting.
The only thing I would change is to not run it along the borders. I will cover what I have learned about this more later on.

Charlottemarie - Welcome Aboard I look forward to seeing your project.

VickiM - Im checking into the Fun & Done Method
to see if it is like any of the methods I have encountered. Look forward to seeing a picture of your adopted blocks.

Vagabondindigo - Welcome Aboard Looking forward to you sharing your QAYG UFO with us. I had trouble viewing your completed quilt link. Thanks you for sharing all the great info and experience you have had with basting. Im going to check into those "Wonder Dots" I have never heard of them.

Last edited by Jenniky; 08-01-2012 at 04:44 AM.