View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM
jennb

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
As for the thread issue, you might have the needle inserted backwards, check the needle to see if it's inserted with the scarf in the correct direction.

I hope you're sister is getting better, I watch for updates on your blog and say a prayer when I see new posts. I'm thinking of you!

I have no idea how long the belt has been on it, it was on it when I bought it, but the package is still in the case with it and it looks to be brand new, so it could have been sitting on it for years. I did try loosening the motor and bending the belt in the opposite direction, but its still slipping, though not as bad as it was.

I will double check to make sure it has the right needle in it. I didn't even pay attention to what was in it, I just made sure it was in there correctly. Its the needle that was in it and looks brand new as well. Guess it will take just a little more tinkering to figure out. This is the first time I've really messed with anything on a machine so I'm learning as I go. I've been pretty fortunate in the past that Ive only had one issue ever with a machine that required me to have it serviced.

Thanks Christine. My sister is blissfully unaware of what she should be "feeling" while undergoing chemo. She's having fairly minimal side effects which is also a blessing. Makes me realize there really must be a strong connection between body and mind when it comes to these types of things, because she goes about her days just as she always has, with the brief interruption for treatments. She doesn't even notice or mention anything to question why she looks different from other women in her home. Reconstructive surgery is not covered with her medicare so we haven't decided what to do about that just yet. I guess I should go update my blog. Life has been kinda in the way lately. These machines are such a pleasant diversion from all that unpleasant stuff. Fortunately my mom seems to be coping much better with everything so hopefully our latest designs can be published soon.