Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 PM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
I'm really curious-----how do you do the swapping? Let's take a "for instance". I send in 3 sets with 6 per set. and then what?
What I do is I line up the envelopes in order by the number of sets sent in (I write this on the envelope as I get the blocks), so 8 sets, then 7, then 6, then 5 etc... I pull all the blocks out and put them on top of the envelopes so I know who they belong to. Then I start with the person with the most blocks, so with 8 sets, I need to pick out 48 blocks for them, so I walk around everyone else's sets and pick up that many blocks for them picking from a bunch of people. Once I have that number together, I pull their return envelope (which is under their blocks as well), put the blocks in and seal it up and set it aside to mail. Then I move on the the next person. Does that make sense? It's pretty easy to do, and I have found it to be the best way to not lose track of who gets what, though some of you may have ended up with one of your own blocks because sometimes I forget who I am pulling for, but I try really hard not to. And sometimes I miscount (like I did this time) so I am short at the end, but since I already sealed everything I can't go recount (nor would I anyway), so I just throw extras in. It's not easy, especially with as many people we had this go round, though the hardest part this time was finding the space to lay out all the envelopes!!

Cheers!
Rachel