Old 08-18-2012, 03:56 PM
granny_59

Thank you all so much!! I started with the center block in dark purple and went in circles with the rainbow colors. All with 1930s reprints (139 different ones). I had the blocks layed out for the first time today and called DH to have a look.
He looked and looked and finally said: "nice".............he does not know any better :-)

I bought the software and the rulers. And even as a computer illiterate I had no problem to print out the templates or the paperpiecing patterns. I dont want to talk it small neither for me nor all the others that made the DJ, but it is not half as complicated as it looks like! Looking for the first time at all the blocks I tried to figure out the "hardest" and could not come up with one. Looking at some block patterns for the first time I had the feeling "impossible to sew that accurately" several times :-) I think that the real callenge is to stick to it. After a while I found it even boring somehow.

As for Jane herself: I thought many times of her and I am sure that she laughs her butt off in quiltersheaven about the hunderts of followers trying very hard to copy each and every block of hers with all the "mistakes" she made.

Each of my blocks (finished size 4.5 inch) has a note pinned to it with the number of pieces and the time it took to sew. It will take forever to add the numbers lol

It is almost 2 a.m. in Basle (to Dianemarie) and I am ironing using the water spray bottle mostly on my self. The temperature went "down" to 26 degrees and I have to catch up with my housework.