Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 AM
kountrykreation

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Kountrykreation you got me on 'repurpose' mink teddys.. where does one get mink and show us the teddys now I am curious big time. Love to see them. ok, what is deer camp? you got my attention there to.
the packages that everyone has received are so wonderful. Yet to see a 'bad' one lol like there could be a bad one sheesh..
i made the cutest little white chocolate dipped cones the other day with marzapan heads, pretzel wings as a cake topper it was cute and delicious. Idea came from this holiday cookbook I received from my sp and wanted to do a test run before I commited to them at Christmas. Easy and very very cute.. THANKS K fun fun fun book.
Elisabrat,
This is a 'repurposed' mink teddy. I am making 4, 14" teddy bears out of my mother's old mink coat that was left to me some 30 years ago. I decided it needed mending, or better yet (after long contemplation to cut it up!), 'repurposed' into mink teddy bears, one for each of my mother's great grandkids. I think they're dubbed, "Teddy Bears with a Past" or "Memory Bears". Here's a previous QB link that has a (similar) picture, http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ear-t6177.html. The ones I'm making will be in black mink and I'm just now starting on the sewing (w/lots of hand sewing grrrr), after completing cutting all the pattern pieces and applying backing for reinforcement. Also, I think you can pick up decent old mink coats off of ebay, estate sales, and such, if you are looking? The deer camp is our weekend getaway place where, uh, lets just say, there are lots of deer (ie, deer camp).

Aboslutely tons of great packages received this month!

Last edited by kountrykreation; 08-20-2012 at 06:46 AM.