View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Sierra

Originally Posted by spokanequilter View Post
You are hanging that beautiful blue and yellow wallhanging in your daughter's room and all of a sudden you see that one small half square triangle that is rotated 1/4 turn from where it should be. You scream and then swear that you will never tell a soul since it's not that noticeable. Then your daughter comes in the next morning and says "Mom I couldn't sleep last night and I was counting the squares in that wallhanging, and did you know that......" well, whatever, it is what it is. Things happen.
A few years ago I had each of my 5th grade students tell me what they liked best..... pet, sport, hobby, color, etc. I told them it was so I could get to know them better. Then I cross stitched each of them a bookmark that reflected what they had told me, or was a play on their name (like RoseMary ended up with a rose....), and because I knew that the bookmarks weren't going to all be perfect I told them I'd put in a mistake into each one of them so they could always remember that their teacher had made it for them. They hooted over that, but they loved the fact that they each got something special, meant just for them. It was my way of winning despite Murphy's law. And yes, my heritage is Irish!