View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:19 AM
fmd36

DD and family just moved there in early August. So far they don't like it. Too hot and humid. Pool water was warm...not refreshing. They had to find a rental that took dogs and most of them had a max. weight of 20-25 lbs. They have a labrador retriever...realtor had never heard of the breed, but they got the rental anyway. Will be looking for another place. House is too small for 5 people and a dog. Rent is over $2K/mo. It is a gated comm. in the Ft. Lauderdale area. She tells me that she hasn't found a store clerk yet that speaks English...and honestly, she doesn't have a prejudiced bone in her body. She hope her DH's job lasts 2-3 yrs and then possible transferr to either MA or WA. She is already preparing to return to NH for Christmas and the summer. She had lived there before and didn't like it, but that is where her DH found work. We hope to get there for Thanksgiving. My DH and I have medical issues but FL is probably the last place I would look to move....I don't do heat and humidity very well. Good luck.