Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
marytoddliz

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I just had to share this bit of sewing advice from the Singer Company. I'm sure everyone on here follows it strictly - especially Krystyna. (sorry - had to pick on someone!!!)
Boy did I get a good laugh out of this! OMG, even hubby had to listen and we both laughed... I go from bed...into sewing room, he brings me a cup of coffee, I am still in my jammies, a hair brush??? LOL... I will sew all day with only potty breaks or now I have my running so I stop to run and then go back into sewing room, fresh from shower... again hair brush...I don't think so! (OK maybe I am not that bad right now!)

My MIL was married in 1949, we got her a book from the Vermont General store on how to run a home to the new brides, from 1949. (I think they had a lot of these books with lots of different years). I gave it to her last Christmas, she said yep they used to get up get dressed with make up and hair done, to clean house. Every day they concentrated on specific chores. I know Monday was wash day... too fun.

I wonder who wrote that manual!