Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 PM
SharonAnne

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
I am still patiently waiting for my SP package. I am thinking now I might get a hair brush! LOL only kidding... and The Vermont General store is really one of the most awesome places to shop. I have a niece who lives in Vermont and when we go visit I always plan a trip there. But they are also online and have truly awesome things. I am sending a special ordered item to my SP today. I was to excited and in a hurry to send it with her box so it is going today, but it is very tiny and going in an envelope.

OK back to the sewing machine~ have a wonderful day... Sharon Anne where did you find that article, I am printing it and going to share it with my MIL. My Mom got married in 1950, I will have to get her one of those "Brides Books" By the time I was born in 1956, she already had 6 kids and I wonder how well that showering, doing hair putting on make up worked!

OMG, your mom (who got married the year I was born) was either extremely meticulous and the perfect June Cleaver, or she was none of the above because she was so busy NOT in the kitchen. LOL. The article was actually a picture from a friend on Facebook.

I love the Vermont Country Store, also. Vermont is gorgeous - I almost went to Green Mountain College, but it was all female back in the day, and I was co-ed type of person. Alas, they don't carry what I LOVED in the 1960's and it is no longer made. I would simply swoon to have some of my all time favorite (blue, not green) Halo Shampoo. That was THE best stuff for my hair and nothing since has ever come close even though I probably tried 100+ brands. Anyone who can find me a bottle of that, will get a special reward!!!

Keep laughing!!