Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Nexxus831

Well if you decide you don't want to do embroidery you could always do English Paper Piecing. You could make a grandmothers garden or there are lots of different patterns out there. They are great for "on the go" projects. I take mine everywhere with me. I am taking a trip to South Carolina at the end of October and it is going to go with me. Need something to do while sitting in airports on layovers. Good luck on your search

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
I was inspired by my SP when I was shopping for her and seeing all the cool hand embroidery projects so I am considering giving it a try. I have looked on youtube for videos to help educate me but there are not too many. Can anyone suggest a project or book that would be great for beginners. I figure it would be fun to do while on my bus ride to and from work and when we go camping I can take a project along. Funny I was thinking how can I bring my sewing machine along with me and get some sewing done on the RV. I think hand embroidery is more doable....lol Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I might be crazy trying to take on another hobby but at least you all understand