View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
First, I try to picture the finished product in my mind. Second, I pick out a fabric that will compliment the piece or coordinate with it. Then I cut my material twice as large as the opening I am covering. I then start with a circle of fabric and begin stitching (by hand) around the edge of the circle. When I get it 7/8 of the way stitched up, I put my poly fil in it. When it is almost stitched together and before I put the polyfil in it, I gather it into almost a pouch. I stuff it until the pouch is full and then I complete the stitch and pull up tight until the opening that was gathered is about the size of a half dollar. If the polyfil does not want to stay in, I pull my thread across the bottom making a little "net" to secure the polyfil into it. Would love for you to post a picture of your pin cakes. It might give me another idea. Thanks for the kind words.
I have a couple of prototypes I'll send. I couldn't upload the images so let me try something different. If not I'll PM you for your e-mail address.