Old 10-06-2012, 06:32 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE..what is RSWF and are you the miss Mazel that is thinking of going to Madison? When might that be? My daughter only lives about an hour thirty minutes south of there and I owe her a visit before the snow flies.
GGal ... It's actually RAWF = Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, more commonly referred to as The Royal! It's the premier livestock show in Canada. Many of those who show at Madison WDE, also show in Toronto at The Royal. We never showed at Madison, though did show both breeds at The Royal. All livestock will be shown (dairy, beef, goats, pigs, fowl and fancy feathers, sheep). Most of the ag commodities have displays to help educate and inform the general public. Not the trade expo that is at Madison, though extensive booths for the genetic companies. Then there's the vendors, which of course the true aggies loathe ... and the city people love! It's also well known for it's horse show most nights, including many of the Olympic and International riders. I particularly like to see the heavy horse hitches, different breeds every night.

I'll be disappearing again the first couple weeks of November as I'm working the whole show.

Miss Mazel is the cow that I made. So the trip mentioned was more so for her, not me! WDE used to have a dairy art show and I keep thinking how nice it would be to show her there, amidst cow things, instead of the way I have had to show her til now! If you missed out on seeing her before ... here she is ....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t114217.html

Last edited by QuiltE; 10-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.