Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM
asimplelife

Default I Need More Light to Quilt by... Lamp Recommendations?

I've been sewing in my quilting room/spare bedroom for about 2 weeks now. Granted, we've had a lot of cloudy weather lately but I am finding that I need a LOT more light. In addition to a main overhead light, this room has recessed lighting over my cutting table (perfect!) and an extra overhead fixture where my sewing table is. I find myself using my flip up (probably the original model) OTT-lite next to my sewing machine while I'm piecing. The area where I press is not well lit.

I used to sew in a large closet next to my laundry room which was all fluorescent lighting. Not beautiful, but great for sewing!

I'm going to try upgrading the bulbs in the fixtures, but I'm thinking I need some type of floor lamp that I could use when I'm machine quilting next to my table and move elsewhere as needed. My last OTT brand floor lamp quit working all of a sudden and the reviews I've read at joann.com aren't that positive about the current models. I'm looking for recommendations as to what has worked for you. Thanks!