View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
What a great job you did! Not only do you give machines a new life, but the cases as well. I am really impressed! BTW, I've given up on the 66. I called yesterday to make an appointment to take her to the shop. I just can't figure out what it is that is blocking the wheel from turning. When the feed dogs are off, it seems to work fine, but when I put it back on, it starts whacking again. Besides that, I took the bobbin holder out to clean it and now I can't get it back in. He was really excited to work on a treadle. He thought he was going to get one of my Janomes in for service!
MimiBug,

I do believe that when you find out what was ailing your 66 you'll be mad at yourself for quitting too soon.

You said "when the feed dogs are off, it seems to work fine, but when I put "IT" back on, it starts whacking again." Are you talking about the toothy part that moves back and forth or the plate that sits over them?

The bobbin case is a pain in the neck to get out, and back in. But it will go back in. You have to have the machine at the right point so the feed dogs don't get in the way, and the latch has to be all the way open, lever to the front. Then you wiggle and jiggle and nudge the case just right and if you're lucky it will fall right in. If not a few assorted words and then you walk away and when you get back it will fall in. Been there, done that. Lot's a fun.

Joe