Old 10-13-2012, 05:33 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks MiraB ... I have the 6600 and have been quite pleased! It's the "best" machine I've ever had, so that could be part of it. The only thing I don;t like about it ... I know I want a bigger throat so I can really get at doing the FMQing without the limitations that creates. With that comes the interested in a BSR (or whatever each brand call theirs), though I hear a lot of people say they are just trouble! I don't know anything about Pfaff or what features yours would have.

I think a lot of the time the love/hate for a machine can come from the service and support we get from our dealers. I am fortunate to have a really good dealer locally. They just represent Janome and Bernina, so it'd be hard for me to consider others ... though, that doesn't mean I will not. I would just have to have the confidence that a different dealer would be every bit as good. And another consideration, other dealers are going to be at a further distance, so not as convenient for drop by Q+As!
I think you might be best getting a HQ16 or the Tiara, QuiltE. That way you can do your piecing on the Janome, and your quilting on the other. I know you can keep both machines busy, when you get off your "fair" duty. I don't have expensive machines, but I use one for piecing and my Baby Lock with the larger throat for quilting. Works for me! (However, I would love to have Jan's HQ16!!!!!)