Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 AM
meanmom

I like those breakfast cookies. I sometimes throw one in my lunchbox for a midmorning snack or my after school snack. I like to add all kinds of different add ins. I usually chop up the raisins and craisins so they are in every bite. I add in whatever looks interesting that day. I have found that the less sweets I eat the less I seem to crave them. I have cut way back on my sweets and hardly miss them. I do still occasionally crave chocolate on a particularly bad day but I don't need much. I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and I only ate a little bit of the dough. Raw cookie dough is the best much better than cooked cookies. I now raw eggs are supposed to be bad for me but I have done it for years. My DH is sitting here eating the cookies for breakfast and it doesn't even make me want one.
Other than my Friday lunch I have been doing pretty good this month. Another group I am with says you need to eat right 80% of the time and the other 20% you can cheat a little. You need the occasional cheat or you will feel too deprived and never stay on your eating plan. I have been doing well with this theory. I don't deprive myself, but I don't go nuts either.