View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Michellesews

It is lovely, but isn't your time, expertise and effort worth something? Too many of us sell ourselves short. If you are going to be in the "commissioned quilts" business, you need to charge accordingly. I am a longarm quilter and when I first began that was the hardest thing for me to figure out...how to charge accordingly. Some said I charged too much, other longarmers complained I was too cheap...I finally settled on a price and stuck to it. In your case, you are doing an extremely large amount of work. When I am commissioned to make a quilt "from the ground up"...meaning I do it ALL, I charge per square inch of quilt and make sure they know what it is going to cost before they leave my home. Of course, this is rare, usually I just quilt them, but please, do not sell yourself short! Your time and effort are worth money, and most of us devalue ourselves. Your quilt is beautiful and I am sure you will be getting many more jobs, let's just hope this lady does not spread the word about the deal she got so that others expect it also. I am not trying to offend anyone here, just hate to see anyone not get their worth. Just my .02 worth.