View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Tropical

I keep my fabrics in plastic drawers in my sewing room closet or on shelves in my master bedroom linen closet. How I organize my fabrics changes each time I look through them just feast my eyes on the patterns and colors for enjoyment. I love fabric and have told my DH I am a collector as well as a quilter. He is fine with that and always ready to take me shopping for more. Anyway, back to how I organize. Each time I look at them, I find new ways they will go together. It might be by color, theme of prints, projects I want to make, size, or any other way that strikes my fancy while I am enjoying going through them. I have a few that have been together for a few years while I search for just the right fabrics to add to them to make a quilt design that lives in my head. I know someday I will find just the right complimentary fabrics to create my dreamed of quilt. I have a few special fabrics folded over hangers in my sewing room closet so I don't forget to use them in current projects.

I'm sure when you finish reading all of the posts here, you will find a system that works for you. Let us know what you decide on, please.