View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by DonnaC
I can totally understand what Camille is saying. The same thing happened to me at MQX in Providence last April. Many of the vendors I had seen in the past were among the missing...I'm sure increased costs of vending at shows was part of the reason, and the economy. The vendors who were there were mostly selling longarm machines, which I don't have room for, therefore of no interest to me. But, their booths were crowded, so maybe there were some great show specials going on for those who were interested. The rest of the vendors, as someone mentioned above, had pretty much the same items. Lots of "modern quilting" type stuff, not too much traditional. Another thing I noticed was that there were almost no kits being sold. Personally, I like kits, but I know lots of others don't. It's just the luck of the draw when you go to the big shows, I guess.
The main problem with MQX is the advent of MQX west. Attendence is way down because of the competition and vendors are not risking losses. That's also why the show is moving back to Manchester next year to the smaller arena...and tax-free NH can't hurt as far as sales are concerned.