View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM
leighway

I'm one of those in the minority...I go for the vendors. I want to see what's new in the world of quilting. But Peckish is right. I've grown in my ability and sophistication in quilting and I either already have the gadget or wouldn't use it if I had it. In our area, aside from guild shows, there is a National show that comes around twice a year. My best friend and I both agree we'd love to take some classes but we just won't pay what they're charging. The prices are ridiculous.
As for the quilts, the best quilts I've seen have been at guild shows lately. Some of the National show quilts are stunning but not of interest to me. It seems they may have been made by people with PhDs in fine art and a raging case of obsessive compulsive disorder....I have neither the talent nor patience to execute some of what I see but I really do give these artists credit. However, I genuinely appreciate the efforts of some local quilter who comes up with a really clever color scheme or idea...just a joy to see. And those seem to show up at the guild shows.