View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
captlynhall

I just spent two days at the Houston International Quilt Festival. This is my second year, and my cousin came down and went with me. It was her first year. We had a great time. I enjoy seeing the quilts, and really admire the dedication some of the these quilters have, not to mention the talent. With over a 1000 vendors, its impossible to see them all in two days, but we did our best. I did notice that I was not as focused on finding particular items this year, because I purchased the thimble and stencils I wanted last year. I did find the booth of a lady that does exquisite very tiny crochet work; she makes earrings in sterling silver. I wanted some last year, but after the buying my thimble couldn't justify the expense. This year, I just found out a couple of weeks ago my DSD crocheted, so I bought her a pair. Maybe next year for me. Both years I did a lunch/lecture that was most enjoyable. One of the best parts was talking to the many quilters at our table. Also made it a point to do a lecture one day, partly to get off our feet, but we also learned a lot. Got to meet Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson which was very exciting. They are both just as nice in person as they appear on their shows. So, I will go again next year. Can't wait.