Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 AM
MTS
Banned

Not to go OT, but just a side note since QuiltNan mentioned it a couple of times....

For examples like this, EQ5 is just as good as EQ7.

The one I worked up in EQ7 doesn't look any different than yours.
I probably went about it and used the exact same menu options, etc. that you did.

That's why in my posts when answering a thread on the subject, I sometimes suggest buying a used copy of EQ5 (which has no installation/security/registration* issues - and I always thought was stable enough - better than EQ6, for sure) as an alternative to buying the full new latest version, especially if budget was an issue, and/or the buyer wasn't "sure" it was worth it.

And I'd venture that the majority of EQ users (regardless of the version) are doing the same sort of stuff like we did on this thread.

I've seen amazing creations in EQ - I'm in awe - but there are, I'm sure, countless features that I'm not using because they don't pertain to the quilts I design and make, or I don't know about them.
Yet. ;-)

Sort of like Excel.....25+ years using it, from the beginning, and pretty intensively, and there's still stuff in there that's new to me.

*Not that you can even upgrade to v7 off of EQ5 anyway, but I heard somewhere, not too long ago, that EQ's official file of EQ5 registered licenses (w/serial numbers) was kaput.