Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
meanmom

We are doing the same thing for Thanksgiving we have done for most of the last 35 or 40 years. We go rent a bunch of cabins in a state park with my whole family. This year I found a couple of big houses to rent in Hocking Hills Ohio. One has 8 BR and the other has 6. I think there will be 32 people. I am in charge of the menu and food planning for the whole weekend. I assign everyone what to bring. We don't do a traditional Thanksgiving meal since a lot of the cabins have limited kitchen facilities. This year we have a huge kitchen that looks awesome. We do a lot of hiking and just fooling around. My parents are getting old so we don't do as much hiking as we used too. Heck I'm getting old. They are 88 and 85. One of my sons won't be there since he lives in Japan. I set up a zip lining trip for some of us. I will probably pee my pants doing it but it will be so fun. Eating will be pretty good since I planned the menu and most of them are healthy eaters.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy your families and guests that is what Thanksgiving is about. Make Thursday your cheat day, just don't go nuts.
Pat