Old 11-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
I can't believe your client only wants to pay you $60 for a custom made quilt that is quite beautiful. At the pre-discussed $126 she is getting a bargain. I agree with the others in that it is worth at least $200. Do not let this person take if for less than $126. If she balks, then sell it on Etsy or e-bay for $200 because it is definitely worth that. It is lovely.

I totally agree with feline and everyone else. Don't let her have it for only $60.00, you are being robbed at $125.00. Unless people quilt or just plain sew, they have NO idea of the work that goes into making beautiful quilts and wall Hangings. Keep it for yourself. If she doesn't want to pay the agreed upon price, then later comes back and changes her mind, charge her $150. or more, because of the delay, if she questions this, explain that you took away from other items just to get hers done in the time frame you stated, and you lost out on other sales or items. You could easily sell this for $200.00 or more. That was the least price I would have quoted. Beautiful work. If she should complain about the fabric that was her granddad's, which to me looks like the fabric in the hearts only, and makes a big deal, then pay her $5.00 or so and call it done, give her the remainder of the fabric that she gave you to make it.