View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:21 AM
AFQSinc

I am having this same dilema as well. I too have a 440QE and there is no way that I am taking it to a class or sew-in. I would like to have a fairly simple machine but there is one feature that I really, really want in my travel machine: needle down. I have found this feature so helpful. Also, I am a bit intimidated by the older machines as I'm not too handy and I know that my DH would never attempt to work on it as he would be too afraid of damaging something.

I did have a Brother for many years (it was my first machine that I owned) and it was a good machine. It was purchased at Costco and I pieced and did some freemotion on it. I would still have it today had it not met a really unfortunate end at the hands (paws?) of one of my dogs.

I wish there was a machine finder survey that you could plug in your desires and it would look at all machines and tell you which one might be a good fit. I've been watching these threads lately for ideas and suggestions. I'm going on my first quilting retreat in March so I'd like to find one before then.